How do I know if I have "anti-shake" on my digital SLR?

by Holly
(Durham, NC)

I have a Canon EOS Rebel XSi - does it have anti-shake?

Comments for How do I know if I have "anti-shake" on my digital SLR?

Click here to add your own comments

Aug 06, 2015
Good post NEW
by: Annamae Kreiger Sr.

Hi! Thanks for your great articles!
May I share one of your articles on my site about coollbacheloretteparty?

After publishing I will link for you as an author! Thanks!

Aug 06, 2009
Lens vs. Body
by: Digital SLR Guide

The Canon EOS Rebel XSi does have anti-shake...but it's included in the camera's LENS and not in the camera BODY.

Neither Canon nor Nikon include anti-shake (also called image stabilization or vibration reduction) in any of their digital SLR bodies.

If you get a Canon or Nikon DSLR, then the only way that you'll get anti-shake is if you buy special stabilized lenses.

Canon lenses that includes stabilization are labeled IS (for Image Stabilization) while Nikon's are labeled VR (for Vibration Reduction).

Other manufacturers like Sony, Olympus and Pentax are the ones that include stabilization in their camera bodies (where the stabilization works with every lens that is compatible with the camera).

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Digital SLR Questions and Answers.

What's New? On Facebook: On Twitter:
Home Lessons Free Newsletter DSLR Store About Contact Site Map Mirrorless Cameras